Just one more on Veritas Cluster Services
1. How do check the status of VERITAS Cluster Server aka VCS ?
Ans: hastatus –sum3
2. Which is the main config file for VCS and where it is located?
Ans: main.cf is the main configuration file for VCS and it is located in /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config.
3. Which command you will use to check the syntax of the main.cf?
Ans: hacf -verify /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config
4. How will you check the status of individual resources of VCS cluster?
Ans: hares –state
5. What is the service group in VCS ?
Ans: Service group is made up of resources and their links which you normally requires to maintain the HA of application.
6. What is the use of halink command ?
Ans: halink is used to link the dependencies of the resources
7. What is the difference between switchover and failover ?
Ans: Switchover is an manual task where as failover is automatic. You can switchover service group from online cluster node to offline cluster node in case of power outage, hardware failure, schedule shutdown and reboot. But the failover will failover the service group to the other node when VCS heartbeat link down, damaged, broken because of some disaster or system hung.
8. What is the use of hagrp command ?
Ans: hagrp is used for doing administrative actions on service groups like online, offline, switch etc.
9. How to switchover the service group in VCS ?
Ans: hagrp –switch -to
10. How to online the service groups in VCS ?
Ans: hagrp –online -sy